A Week of Symfony #817 (22-28 August 2022)
This week, Symfony 4.4.45, 5.4.12, 6.0.12 and 6.1.4 maintenance versions were released. In addition, the upcoming Symfony 6.2 version introduced a new ValueResolverInterface to replace and simplify the existing ArgumentValueResolverInterface.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 38 pull requests were merged (17 in code and 21 in docs) and 17 issues were closed (11 in code and 6 in docs). Excluding merges, 22 authors made 6,047 additions and 15,571 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 17a8daf: [HttpKernel] fix broken request stack state if throwable is thrown
- e10e5bf: [FrameworkBundle] fix bad help message in cache warmup command
- 6dadb96: [Security] count remember me cookie parts before accessing the second
- c2c522a: [LokaliseBridge] fix push command --delete-missing options when there are no missing messages
- d01ce28: [DoctrineBridge] make EntityValueResolver::supports() more specific
- 7da2b23: [HttpKernel] replace ArgumentValueResolverInterface by ValueResolverInterface
- cfad71b: remove usage of empty function when possible
- 6903807: [Notifier] add Chatwork Notifier Bridge
- a0e0325: [DependencyInjection] handle INI arrays
- 8084eb8: replace FILTER_VALIDATE_BOOLEAN by FILTER_VALIDATE_BOOL
Newest issues and pull requests
- [Security] X509 authenticator should can use CN as UserIdentifier
- Make NoPrivateNetworkHttpClient & proxy usage work better together
- Possibility to enable/disable authenticators using conditions / config
- [WebProfiler] Time Shift with Clock
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) Doctrine, Symfony 6 & the Database, Chapter 5: Entity Class
- (Video) Doctrine, Symfony 6 & the Database, Chapter 6: Migrations
SymfonyCasts also announced that all their courses and tutorials will be translated into Spanish thanks to a custom AI-based translation process.
They talked about us
- Symfony Station Communiqué - 19 August 2022
- Build a Cheap Static Website with Symfony and AWS
- CQRS with Symfony Messenger
- Adding ReCaptha to Symfony
- Discover Symfony UX. UI with Stimulus = fewer JS headaches for you
- Null or Nullable Embeddables with Symfony and Doctrine ORM
- Implementando el patrón CQRS con Symfony Messenger
- Tâches de fond avec Symfony et Docker
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.