Updating the Symfony Demo application to Symfony 4
The Symfony Demo application is a reference application created to show how to develop Symfony applications following the recommended best practices. It's mainly used as a learning and teaching resource, so we keep it in sync with the latest Symfony versions and features.
- Updated code to use as many PHP 7.1 features as possible;
- Used the flat and simple dir structure proposed by Symfony 4;
- Removed most of the service config thanks to the autowiring, _defaults, autoconfiguration and local binding;
- Created services for Doctrine repositories;
- Revamped the data fixtures to use modern DoctrineFixturesBundle practices;
- and all the other great simplifications allowed by Symfony 4!
Run this command to install the new Symfony Demo version:
$ composer create-project symfony/symfony-demo
A Community Effort¶
The Symfony Demo application is maintained by the Symfony community. We thank you all the developers who proposed ideas, reported issues, updated translations and contributed pull requests: Paweł Małolepszy, Piotr Grabski-Gradziński, Vladimir Chernyshev, Peter Kokot, David Maicher, Christophe Coevoet, Oleg Voronkovich, Victor Bocharsky and specially, Yonel Ceruto, for his tireless efforts to improve the app.
Updating the Symfony Demo application to Symfony 4 symfony.com/blog/updating-the-symfony-demo-application-to-symfony-4Tweet this
Become a certified developer! Exams are online and available in all countries.Register Now
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.