Meet more selected speakers for SymfonyWorld 2020
After the success of SymfonyLive Paris 2020 last week, we're now focused on SymfonyWorld 2020. We are super excited to meet the entire international Symfony community from December 1st to 5th for our first ever 100% online event.
We've recently announced the first selected speakers of SymfonyWorld 2020. We know we will already be listening to:
- Ramona Schwering, Quality Assurance and Cypress Ambassador, speaking about "Symfony meets Cypress - E2E testing for symfony developers".
- Damien Alexandre, PHP and Elasticsearch consultant, talking about "Elasticsearch with Symfony, from development to production".
- Christopher Hertel, Software Architect, giving a talk about "Better Console Applications".
- Thomas Berends, PHP Developer, speaking about "PHP + Minecraft".
We're now super pleased to unveil more speakers for SymfonyWorld 2020. We'd be delighted to listen to:
- Nils Adermann, co-creator of Composer, will be talking about "Composer 2". He'll be speaking with Jordi Boggiano, co-creator of Composer. Composer has permanently altered the way of PHP development over the last decade. The tool's second major version comes with new features and many improvements to functionality and performance. The most important changes will be highlighted in this talk. We'll show you what you need to know to upgrade your own projects and explain some of the background which lead to version 2.
- David Buchmann, Software Developer, Open Source Contributor & Maintainer, strongly engaged with the Symfony CMF initiative, will be speaking about "Decoupling an application with Symfony Messenger". Quick response times are crucial. Time consuming tasks triggered in web requests should be executed asynchronously, if at all possible. In this talk I will give a short overview of what message queues are and then show a case study how we split up an application into smaller services and how we use message queues to coordinate the services.
- Chris Holland, Director of Engineering and contributor to NomadPHP and php[architect] magazine, will present a talk entitled "Password Hashing and You". At one point or another, odds are strong that users will need to create an account on our site, and we will likely be asking of them to create a password. The question then becomes: How should we store the password? While this is something we typically "let frameworks worry about", it is important to understand what the stakes are, current and emerging threats, as well as current best practices of this field.
- Benoit Jacquemont, Opensource advocate and co-founder and CTO of Akeneo, will be talking about "Why 0.1 + 0.2 != 0.3, or the mysterious world of floating-point numbers". Yes, running the above expression in PHP, and in a lot of other languages, will confirm that 0.1 + 0.2 does not equal to 0.3. This talk will go through a bit of theory, and a lot of concrete examples. From the Gulf War to the Quake graphics engine, via the Ariane 5 space rocket, we will see the benefits and the potential dangers of using floating-point numbers. And finally, the talk will cover when to use floating-point numbers, and when to avoid them, like when managing prices or billing, and what are the alternatives in those cases.
Check out the schedule! The speakers selection is not over yet, we're still selecting more conference speakers. Thank you again to all the people who took the time to submit a talk proposal!
The SymfonyWorld experience is a 5-day event and a new way to attend our conference. Here is the conference agenda:
- Pre-conference workshop days: December 1st and 2nd
- Conference days: December 3rd and 4th
- Hackday: December 5th all day via Slack, open to anyone
You'll have the choice between several conference tracks from beginner to advanced talks. The entire event will be organized online in English.
Take your ticket now! While ordering your online conference ticket, buy your conference goodies: the official conference t-shirt and the small 15 years Symfony elephpant, very limited edition of this elephpant! If you're interested in the big 15 years Symfony elephpant, find out more information here or check our Symfony Store. When you are registered to the online conference you can buy later your special Symfony conference swag, think about it!
Stay tuned for more announces!
Meet more selected speakers for SymfonyWorld 2020 symfony.com/index.php/blog/meet-more-selected-speakers-for-symfonyworld-2020Tweet this
Become a certified developer! Exams are online and available in all countries.Register Now
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.