A Week of Symfony #778 (22-28 November 2021)
This week of Symfony blog post is backed by:
This week, Symfony 4.4.35 and 5.3.12 releases were published to address some potential security vulnerabilities. In addition, Symfony 5.4.0-RC1 and 6.0.0-RC1 were published in preparation for their imminent stable release. Lastly, Symfony announced the last days of its Black Friday 2021 deals which end on November 29.
Symfony development highlights
This week, 64 pull requests were merged (41 in code and 23 in docs) and 41 issues were closed (38 in code and 3 in docs). Excluding merges, 22 authors made 2,091 additions and 311 deletions. See details for code and docs.
- 0561fb0: [VarExporter] fix exporting declared but unset properties when __sleep() is implemented
- 26faa3a: [Process] exclude argv/argc from possible default env vars
- c552709: [HttpClient] fix closing curl multi handle when destructing client
- a4f132e: [Console] default ansi option to null
- 04b0574: [Cache] fix connecting to local Redis sockets
- c236dfe: [Notifier] fix AllMySms bridge body content
- 21c3dc1: replace PHP_EOL by \n to generate same code on Win/Lin
- d761777: allow v3 contracts where possible
- 5cff780: [Console] add Suggestion class for more advanced completion suggestion
- 4cf8dc3: [FrameworkBundle] fix enable_annotations wrong check for validation config
- 504c051: [Messenger] implement abstract process method for BatchHandlerTrait
- 0ece1c6: [Messenger] reorganize abstract private method
Newest issues and pull requests
- Support Enum as workflow places
- Add an initialize method to workflows
- [ErrorHandler] Support the @final annotation on constants in DebugClassLoader
- VERP support in Symfony mailer
- A more expressive way to configure the handling of Workflow transitions
These were some of the most relevant SymfonyCasts updates of the week:
- (Video) Symfony 5 Security, Chapter 24: Fetching the User Object
- (Video) Symfony 5 Security, Chapter 25: Custom User Methods & the User in a Service
- (Video) Symfony 5 Security, Chapter 26: Role Hierarchy
They talked about us
- Symfony 6 brings its CLI to the next level
- Rate limit your Symfony APIs!
- Building Restful APIs with Symfony 5 and PHP 8
- Twig - The Ultimate Guide to the Premier PHP Templating Language
- What is PHP Framework Symfony? Explained for executives
- Symfony Station Communique - 26 November 2021
- Ce qu'apporte Symfony 5.4
Call to Action
- Follow Symfony on Twitter and retweet this article.
- Subscribe to the Symfony blog RSS and never miss a Symfony story again.
Comments are closed.
To ensure that comments stay relevant, they are closed for old posts.